This Crock Pot Clean Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is extra tasty with the homemade noodles like my grandmother used to make. This soup is a stand-by in our house when I’m craving something homemade and feel a little ambitious.
I like to cook the chicken in a crockpot using bone-in chicken thighs, as it makes the best chicken noodle soup….the bones add a lot more flavor and the chicken always ends up so tender. It takes more effort than some other recipes but it is worth it!
It is the homemade noodles that take a little bit of time! Having homemade noodles is always more delicious by far than canned chicken noodle soup. There is no comparison. I absolutely love homemade noodles!
My children love to help knead the dough, roll it out and roll it through the pastry maker. For years I did it without a pastry maker, and it is possible, but it also takes a lot longer and the noodles aren’t nearly as consistent. I guess you can call it “rustic” style chicken noodle soup with chicken thighs.
But part of the reason this recipe isn’t that bad to make is that you simmer the main part of the soup all day in the crockpot and just at the end you make the noodles and throw them in, so it helps spread the work out over the day.
I like to make this recipe for company and family gatherings because it’s inexpensive, everyone loves it and I usually don’t mind taking a little more time than usual for guests. Sadly enough, a lot of people have never had this homemade chicken noodle soup crock pot recipe.
I’ve also been known to make this on lazy Saturday afternoons when we’re snowed in or all stuck inside with a head cold. It’s a very comforting and full of nutrients.
Winters can be a very hard time for me. I love living in Utah but the one thing I have the hardest time with is the cold weather! Every year I am always trying to find ways to bear through the winter with as little suffering as possible.
One of my favorite things is to eat and drink hot things. I love hot cocoa and soup! What do you do when you are cold to make it more bearable? I would love to hear any suggestions you might have!
You may also like these recipes:Print
Homemade Clean Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
I love this crock pot chicken noodle soup recipe because the chicken cooks all day and gets really tender and then I make simple noodles. It’s so comforting and healthy and everyone loves it.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Clean Eating
- 6 Bone-in Chicken Thighs (skin removed)
- 6 Cups Water
- 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Bunch Celery (chopped)
- 8 Carrots (peeled, halved and sliced)
- 1 Tbl Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2–4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 recipe Homemade Chicken Noodles (uncooked)
- Real Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
FOR THE EGG NOODLES:
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- ½ tsp White pepper
- about 3 ½ Cups Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Place the chicken thighs in a crock pot and cover with 6 C. of water.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or until fall off the bone tender.
- Turn the heat off and move chicken thighs to a bowl to cool. When cool enough to touch, remove the bones from the chicken and slightly shred. Keep warm along with the chicken broth in the crock pot.
- Heat the oil in a stock pot. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and sauté on medium/high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and oregano and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour the chicken broth in the crock pot through a strainer and pour into the stock pot. Add another 2 C. of chicken broth to the pot, add the bay leaves, and bring everything to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the uncooked noodles to the soup and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until noodles are fully cooked(they should rise to the top when done).
- Add more chicken broth, if needed. Add the chicken to the soup and add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat, remove the bay leaves, and stir in the fresh parsely.
FOR THE EGG NOODLES
- Beat eggs and water; add dry ingredients. Mix well. Roll out thin (in plenty
- of flour) and roll up like cinnamon rolls, slice very thin. Toss with your
Keywords: Homemade, Clean, Crock pot, Slow Cooker