This is one of the very best Clean Eating recipes from My Natural Family. It doesn't take long to get it started cooking and it comes out moist and incredibly tender.
- 1/4 cup Unmodified Potato Starch (or Tapioca Starch or Corn Starch if you don't eat Paleo)
- 1 Tbsp Real Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 Chicken thighs (bone-in, skin removed)
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Sliced thinly)
- 3/4 cup Sliced Sun-dried Tomatoes (not packed in oil)*
- 1 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (oregano, thyme, parsley)
- large pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 13.5 oz can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Chicken Stock (or Broth)
- Basil (shredded, to top)
- Mix together the potato or tapioca starch, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Toss the chicken thighs in the mixture until fully coated.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat 2 T. of the Olive Oil in a large oven-proof frying pan or ceramic coated dutch oven. Add the chicken, four pieces at a time, and brown on each side. When the chicken is all browned, remove it and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 T. of oil to the pan and heat to medium/high. Add the sliced onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and red pepper and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce, scooping the onions and tomatoes over the top of the chicken. Try to fit the chicken in a single layer, if possible.
- Cover pan with a lid (make sure it is oven safe) and place it in the oven. Cook for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. After 45 minutes, reduce the heat to 300 and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded basil just before serving.
Keywords: tender, flavorful, creamy