The Best Clean Eating Recipes From My Natural Family
This is a list of the very best Clean Eating recipes from My Natural Family. It's a combination of recipes that have been shared the most on social media and my family's favorites.
One thing's for sure - these are all healthy and delicious. So go ahead and give one - or a few - a try!
What is a Clean Eating diet? Basically, it is eating from scratch, or as close to nature as possible. This would include organic foods whenever possible, healthy fats, and choosing whole grains instead of processed or refined foods.
From the basics like roast and 30-minute chili to favorites like chicken korma and sweet potato brownies, we have recipes for all!
20+ Best Clean Eating Recipes - Including Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Thighs
This chicken recipe is one of the very best Clean Eating recipes from My Natural Family. It doesn't take long to get it started cooking and it comes out moist and incredibly tender.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- 1/4 cup Unmodified Potato Starch (or Tapioca Starch or Corn Starch if you don't eat Paleo)
- 1 Tbsp Real Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 8 Chicken thighs (bone-in, skin removed)
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Sliced thinly)
- 3/4 cup Sliced Sun-dried Tomatoes (not packed in oil)*
- 1 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (oregano, thyme, parsley)
- large pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 13.5 oz can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Chicken Stock (or Broth)
- Basil (shredded, to top)
- Mix together the potato or tapioca starch, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Toss the chicken thighs in the mixture until fully coated.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat 2 T. of the Olive Oil in a large oven-proof frying pan or ceramic coated dutch oven. Add the chicken, four pieces at a time, and brown on each side. When the chicken is all browned, remove it and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 T. of oil to the pan and heat to medium/high. Add the sliced onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, Italian Seasoning, and red pepper and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce, scooping the onions and tomatoes over the top of the chicken. Try to fit the chicken in a single layer, if possible.
- Cover pan with a lid (make sure it is oven safe) and place it in the oven. Cook for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. After 45 minutes, reduce the heat to 300 and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded basil just before serving.
Keywords: tender, flavorful, creamy