This strawberry ice cream is dairy-free and so creamy. The strawberries and bananas make it sweet and flavorful and the rhubarb swirl gives it a sweet and tangy kick.
- 2 Cup Strawberries (sliced)
- 2 Bananas (very ripe, sliced)
- 2 Rhubarb (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2/3 Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- Lay the strawberry and banana sliced out on a parchment lined baking sheet, spacing so that the slices are not touching each other. Freeze overnight, or until firmly frozen.
- Place the chopped rhubarb and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer on medium heat for about 10 minute, stirring occasionally. Rhubarb should break down and the mixture should be jam-like in consistency.
- Place the rhubarb mixture in a air-tight container and refrigerate overnight, or until cold.
TO MAKE THE RECIPE:
- Place the frozen banana and strawberry slices in a high-speed blender and pulse until the fruit becomes "crumb-like" and breaks up into small pieces. Add the coconut milk and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You may need to push the mixture back down several times until this happens.
- Scoop the that mixture into a bowl and stir in the rhubarb mixture, swirling it through the strawberry mixture. Scoop into dishes and serve immediately.
Keywords: Easy, healthy, creamy