This coconut milk ice cream Paleo recipe is dairy-free and so creamy. The strawberries and bananas make a sweet, flavorful ice cream and the rhubarb swirl gives the ice cream a sweet and tangy kick. This coconut milk ice cream Paleo recipe is amazing.
I mean, come on – it only contains five whole ingredients and they are natural and good for your body! But did I mention that when combined it makes one of the most beloved desserts ever known to man!
Ice Cream! Ice Cream! We all scream for ice cream. I dare you to try this recipe and say you truly did not enjoy the simpleness of the recipe and the flavor! I really think we have a winner on our hands with this one!
My husband grew up in Idaho, where rhubarb is very common and grows like a weed. So when we put in our garden here in Utah, rhubarb and raspberries are the main things he wanted.
We had raspberries for at least 10 years, but my husband got tired of picking them for hours and hours, so when the tractor ran over them when we added on to our house, we decided to stop growing those.
But he protected his rhubarb like a Father Hen. It doesn’t grow as well in Utah since it likes cooler weather, but we get enough to make a few of his favorite desserts, like this coconut milk ice cream Paleo recipe.
So find a friend or two you would like to share this joy with and enjoy the recipe. Let us know what you think about it and what you would suggest to improve or send us pictures of you enjoying it!
You may also like these:
coconut milk ice cream Paleo Recipe – Strawberry Rhubarb Swirl
This coconut milk ice cream is dairy-free and so creamy. The strawberries and bananas make a sweet, flavorful ice cream and the rhubarb swirl gives the ice cream a sweet and tangy kick.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 2 Cup Strawberries (sliced)
- 2 Bananas (very ripe, sliced)
- 2 Rhubarb (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2/3 Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- Lay the strawberry and banana sliced out on a parchment lined baking sheet, spacing so that the slices are not touching each other. Freeze overnight, or until firmly frozen.
- Place the chopped rhubarb and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cover and let simmer on medium heat for about 10 minute, stirring occasionally. Rhubarb should break down and the mixture should be jam-like in consistency.
- Place the rhubarb mixture in a air-tight container and refrigerate overnight, or until cold.
TO MAKE THE ICE CREAM:
- Place the frozen banana and strawberry slices in a high-speed blender and pulse until the fruit becomes “crumb-like” and breaks up into small pieces. Add the coconut milk and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You may need to push the mixture back down several times until this happens.
- Scoop the ice cream into a bowl and stir in the rhubarb mixture, swirling it through the strawberry ice cream. Scoop into dishes and serve immediately.
Keywords: strawberries, honey, bananas, rhubarb, coconut milk, Paleo ice cream