The Best Ever Healthy Crockpot Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Cooking the chicken in the crock pot with the salsa makes the meat really tender and flavorful.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 300 minutes
- Total Time: 320 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Real Salt *
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 Cup Green Chilis (canned is fine)
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1-2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Bell Peppers (sliced, any color)
- 1 Red Onion (sliced thickly)
- 1 Yellow Onion (sliced thickly)
- Paleo tortillas
- Place the chicken breasts in a crock pot. Top with the cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, lime juice, diced green chilis, and salsa. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or until chicken is tender and shreds easily. Shred the chicken lightly and replace the cover.
- Heat the oil on high heat in a large saute pan. Add the peppers and onions to the pan and saute until browned in places, yet still crisp. Your pan will need to be very hot to do this. Add the cooked vegetables to the crock pot with the chicken.
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream (optional), salsa, and lime wedges. Omit the tortillas and sour cream for Whole30. For Paleo use tortilla recipe linked to above.
Keywords: Healthy, Slow Cooked, Tender