Gluten-Free, Make-Ahead Freezer Breakfast Taquitos
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- 1–2 tbsp butter
- 1 pound breakfast sausage links
- ⅓ c. diced bell pepper (a mix of red and orange)
- 5 large eggs
- salt and freshly * ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 10 white corn tortillas
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil
- 3 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the frozen sausage links to a large, buttered skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through.
- Remove to a plate, leaving a little bit of the sausage grease in the pan.
- Add the bell pepper and saute for a few minutes.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, whisk and add to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until eggs are just barely cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Feta cheese.
- Warm the tortillas on a hot skillet or griddle for a few seconds until they are pliable.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
- Place a sausage link (or two?) on top. Sprinkle with cilantro. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Brush lightly with cooking oil and a sprinkle a little Kosher salt *.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
To Freeze: Prepare and bake the taquitos as directed. Allow to cool completely and then place in a freezer ziplock bag. When ready to eat, microwave them until warm.
Keywords: make-ahead, freezer, easy, kid-friendly