These make-ahead breakfast taquitos are so easy to make ahead of time. I feel so in charge of my life when I can just pull pre-made breakfast food out of the freezer!
I am so not a morning person. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve woken up 15 minutes before I am supposed to take my children to school. Therefore, it is completely impossible for me to make a nice, homemade breakfast on school mornings.
My children don’t really eat boxed cereal and they aren’t good about getting their own breakfast before I wake up, so that’s why breakfasts like these taquitos are perfect!
We can make them ahead of time and have them ready to grab from the freezer whenever we want one. And when I say we make them, I mean we often get an assembly line going and I get my children and sometimes my husband to help me make up a huge batch of these.
Doing that also saves money because we can buy the ingredients in bulk. It saves a ton of time on clean up and prep in the long run too since it is much more efficient to dirty the pans one time and just wash a bunch while you are at it. My children have even been known to eat these for school lunches since they have a microwave at their school.
- To make these even faster I will buy the pre-cooked sausages when they are on sale. They are extra fast to make because you don’t even have to cook them before you assemble them. They will get heated up when you microwave them inside the taquitos.
- Feel free to add or delete ingredients to make them personalized. You could always label different bags with the name of the child that prefers certain ingredients so there is no confusion.
How would love to know if you make these and how they turn out for you. Did you try the feta cheese? The first time I tried feta cheese on my scrambled eggs my mind was blown at how good of a combination it is!
To get more ideas of other recipes I freeze this way and how life-changing it can be, sign up for my email list at the bottom of this post.
You may also like these recipes:
Gluten-Free, Make-Ahead Breakfast Taquitos
These freezer breakfast taquitos are so easy to make ahead of time. I feel so in charge of my life when I can just pull pre-made breakfast food out of the freezer!
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- 1–2 tbsp butter
- 1 pound breakfast sausage links
- ⅓ c. diced bell pepper (a mix of red and orange)
- 5 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 10 white corn tortillas
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil
- 3 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the frozen sausage links to a large, buttered skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through.
- Remove to a plate, leaving a little bit of the sausage grease in the pan.
- Add the bell pepper and saute for a few minutes.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, whisk and add to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until eggs are just barely cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Feta cheese.
- Warm the tortillas on a hot skillet or griddle for a few seconds until they are pliable.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
- Place a sausage link (or two?) on top. Sprinkle with cilantro. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Brush lightly with cooking oil and a sprinkle a little Kosher salt .
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
To Freeze: Prepare and bake the taquitos as directed. Allow to cool completely and then place in a freezer ziplock bag. When ready to eat, microwave them until warm.
Keywords: make-ahead, freezer, easy, kid-friendly