Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting
This carrot cake recipe is gluten-free with cream cheese frosting is my absolute favorite dessert recipe. My mom makes this for my birthday every year. It has been passed down for generations.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Flour Blend *
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil of choice
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tbl Butter (1/2 stick)
- Chopped Walnuts (or your favorite type of nut, such as pecans, optional)
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and add sugar, eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Blend together lightly with beater. Fold in grated carrots.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 45 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking you can make the icing. In a medium size bowl put in a cream cheese, powder sugar, and butter. Mix with a hand mixer or a wire whisk if you don’t have one!
- After the cake has cooked pull oven and let cool. When cake is cooled down put icing on. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top if desired.
Keywords: light, healthy, gluten-free