This gluten-free carrot cake recipe is a little healthier than most since it replaces 1/2 cup of oil with 1/2 of applesauce and it uses less sugar. This is the best carrot cake recipe ever, well at least I think so. I’m pretty sure my whole family thinks it’s the best carrot cake recipe too. My mom has made this so many times that any other carrot cake is gross. Seriously. I won’t eat any other carrot cake.
I can’t stand it when people put pineapple and ginger and all those strong spices in carrot cake. Why do they have to take a perfectly delicious cake and add a bunch of crap to it? Don’t even get me started on soggy nuts in the cake. This cake has a perfect texture that compliments the cream cheese frosting. Plus, it’s so easy that my 11-year-old daughter likes to make it. Part of the reason it’s so easy is that it has a lot fewer ingredients than other carrots cakes.
I must say I have tried so many recipes for carrot cake and they never taste as good as this one. The applesauce makes it super moist. I love how this recipe has applesauce in it. I think it adds a little bit of a healthier twist to the cake! If you don’t have applesauce, you can substitute the applesauce with more oil.
The icing is a cream cheese frosting, which is my favorite frosting because is not nearly as sugary as regular frosting. Usually, white frosting is way too overwhelming for me and I pick it off. (Chocolate frosting is a whole different story though). Anyway, I think you got the point, I REALLY like this recipe! I hope that you will enjoy it as well and I would love your comments.
In my family, every year on my birthday my mom lets us children choose what cake we would like on our birthday. As long as I can remember I have always chosen this carrot cake recipe and so do several of my siblings. It is so delicious! Seeing that it was my birthday last week, my mom made this cake for our family birthday party we had! Happy Birthday to me! 🙂 We got together as a family and had ice cream with it too! The whole cake was gone in minutes!! I plan to have this carrot cake on my birthday every year, if not more!
You may also like these recipes:
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting
This carrot cake recipe is gluten-free with cream cheese frosting is my absolute favorite dessert recipe. My mom makes this for my birthday every year. It has been passed down for generations.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil of choice
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tbl Butter (1/2 stick)
- Chopped Walnuts (or your favorite type of nut, such as pecans, optional)
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and add sugar, eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Blend together lightly with beater. Fold in grated carrots.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 45 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking you can make the icing. In a medium size bowl put in a cream cheese, powder sugar, and butter. Mix with a hand mixer or a wire whisk if you don’t have one!
- After the cake has cooked pull oven and let cool. When cake is cooled down put icing on. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top if desired.
Keywords: light, healthy, gluten-free, yummy