This is easy enough for my 11 year-old daughter to make. You'll love the layers of mint Oreos, Cool Whip and chocolate pudding.
- 1 15.25 Ounce Package Gluten-Free Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies (or "regular" Mint Oreos)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (1/2 stick)
- 8 Ounce Package Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbl Heavy Cream
- 8 Ounce Container Cool Whip
- 3.9 Ounce Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 2 Cups Cold Milk
- 1 tsp Mint Extract
- 2-3 Drops Green Food Coloring
- Prepare chocolate pudding according to directions on the box, using the 2 cups of cold milk. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- Put Oreos in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine melted butter and Oreo crumbs and mix well.
- Grease the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish.
- Press the Oreo crumbs into the bottom of the baking dish and place in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- In a separate medium sized bowl mix cream cheese, sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Stir in 1 cup of cool whip, 1/2 tsp mint extract and 2-3 drops of green food coloring.
- Spread this mixture over the crust.
- Spread pudding over the cream cheese layer.
- Mix remaining cool whip, 1/2 tsp mint extract and 2-3 drops food coloring together.
- Spread over the pudding layer.
- Top with mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
I made this for years with mint Oreos before going gluten-free so if you want to make it gluten-free there are several brands of cookies that work. I just haven't been able to find any that are mint and they are often a different size package than Oreos so you may need to do some math to figure out exactly how many gluten-free cookies to use based on your size of package.
Keywords: easy, no-bake, mint