This is the best ever mint gluten-free chocolate lasagna recipe. It’s so easy because you don’t have to bake it and you’ll love the layers of chocolate vanilla cream cookies, Cool Whip and chocolate pudding.
I’m assuming you love mint and chocolate together. Guess what? I don’t. Not my favorite. But most of my children LOVE mint chocolate desserts and beg for it all the time, so I came up with this easy chocolate lasagna recipe no-bake dessert that’s so easy my 11-year-old daughter can make it. This is a really good dessert for family parties because it’s so easy to make and looks fancy and tastes great (if you like mint and chocolate chip).
This can also be good for “green” holidays, like St. Patrick’s Day, Earth Day and Christmas. I made it for a family birthday party for the March birthdays in honor of St. Patrick’s Day and it turned out so good. Everyone loved it. We had that party at our house and I made Hawaiian Haystacks for everyone for dinner and then this for dessert.
I spent the day before the party cleaning the house most of the day and watching my three younger children while my husband was helping my oldest daughter make her costume for the school play. They were gone most of the day and I got tons of cleaning done. It was awesome. I love cleaning my house and doing a good job when I have time and it’s for a special occasion.
It’s not so fun when you pick up the same thing every day and wash the same dish over and over. I mean, seriously, how many times have I washed the same dishes? Each dish gets washed thousands of times in its life, especially in our house because we cook everything from scratch for every meal (well, most of the time).
Back to this chocolate lasagna recipe no-bake dessert. . . Please let me know if you try it and if you like it or don’t like it. I love your comments and feedback!
You may also like these recipes:
No-Bake, Mint Gluten-Free Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
This is easy enough for my 11 year-old daughter to make. You’ll love the layers of mint Oreos, Cool Whip and chocolate pudding.
- Prep Time: 60 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 15.25 Ounce Package Gluten-Free Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies (or “regular” Mint Oreos)
- 1/4 Cup Butter ((1/2 stick))
- 8 Ounce Package Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbl Heavy Cream
- 8 Ounce Container Cool Whip
- 3.9 Ounce Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 2 Cups Cold Milk
- 1 tsp Mint Extract
- 2–3 Drops Green Food Coloring
- Prepare chocolate pudding according to directions on the box, using the 2 cups of cold milk. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
- Put Oreos in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine melted butter and Oreo crumbs and mix well.
- Grease the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
- Press the Oreo crumbs into the bottom of the baking dish and place in the fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
- In a separate medium sized bowl mix cream cheese, sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Stir in 1 cup of cool whip, 1/2 tsp mint extract and 2-3 drops of green food coloring.
- Spread this mixture over the crust.
- Spread pudding over the cream cheese layer.
- Mix remaining cool whip, 1/2 tsp mint extract and 2-3 drops food coloring together.
- Spread over the pudding layer.
- Top with mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
I made this for years with mint Oreos before going gluten-free so if you want to make it gluten-free there are several brands of cookies that work. I just haven’t been able to find any that are mint and they are often a different size package than Oreos so you may need to do some math to figure out exactly how many gluten-free cookies to use based on your size of package.
Keywords: easy, no-bake, mint