Following these simple instructions to make your own flour from oatmeal.
- Rolled Oats (Or steel-cut oats)
- Measuring Cup
- Air Tight Bag/Plastic Container
- Add one cup of oats to a blender.
- Blend on GRIND until you have a powdery consistency, don’t worry if it’s not all “powdery.” It takes about one minute.
- Grab your sifter and start sifting away.
- Add the large pieces left in the sifter back to the blender and grind them one more time.
- Sift it again.
- The oat flour should be fine, not course.
- You should be left with a fine, powdery residue on your hand.
- Make sure you store in a Ziploc bag or air-tight container.
You can make this a much easier process if you have a coffee bean grinder. Works the same as a blender, if not better! I think a coffee grounder works better because I have tried the food processor but it didn’t work as well; there were still some pieces of oats left in the flour
Keywords: Quick, Easy, Interesting, Surprising