I love the texture of this potato salad because the potatoes come out the perfect texture in no time at all. Then roughly smash yukon gold potatoes and dress them with a homemade mayo. sauce. You won't be able to stop eating it!
Instant Pot Ingredients
- 3 1/3 Pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Tbl White Wine Vinegar (or vinegar of your choice)
- 4 Cups Cold Water
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 1 Cup Homemade Mayo
- 3 Tbl Yellow Mustard
- 2 Pickles (chopped)
- 1 Green Onion (chopped)
- Dill (to taste)
- Green Onion
- Real Salt
- Wash and cut the potatoes into one-inch cubes. I don't peel them because the yukon gold skins are so mild, you don't even notice they are there.
- Put all the Instant Pot ingredients in the Instant Pot with the eggs on top.
- Put on manual, low pressure for 1 minute then let it go off pressure by itself (takes about half an hour total). (No. This is not a mistake. Really set it for 1 minute.)
- Carefully remove the lid.
- Check the cubes to make sure they are done. If not, leave in the hot water for a few more minutes.
- Immediately put the eggs in ice cold water and drain the potatoes in a colander.
- After the potatoes cool and eggs cool, add the potatoes to a large bowl and gently smash the potatoes until they are lightly smashed. Think smashed, not mashed.
- Cut up the eggs in small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl and fold them in.
- Taste and adjust to your preferences. I often end up adding more mayo. because I like it extra creamy and the potatoes soak up quite a bit over time.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, and up to 24 hours before serving. Top with optional toppings before serving.
Keywords: Perfect Texture, Easy, Yummy