This Keto soup recipe has all the flavor of a cheeseburger but in a soup with a cheesy, creamy soup base and the best part is it only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ground mustard powder
- cayenne pepper and/or paprika, optional
- 1 teaspoon Real salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- In a large, enameled dutch oven start cooking the ground beef over medium heat, crumbling as necessary.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables, shred cheese and cook bacon in a separate pan if it's not already cooked.
- When ground beef is no longer pink and fully crumbled, drain the grease or soak up with paper towels.
- Add the butter to the pan and as soon as it is melted, add the vegetables and spices.
- Saute for 4-6 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add chicken broth and let simmer for 8-10 minutes until vegetables are desired softness.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheese and heat just until the cheese is melted. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with some sprinkled bacon and cheese.
Keywords: Creamy, Cheesy, Fun