This Keto cheeseburger soup recipe has all the flavor of a cheeseburger but in a soup with a cheesy, creamy soup base and the best part is it only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
This recipe is one of the most requested recipes in our house. My 11-year-old daughter absolutely loves it and it works out great because I love it too! I not only love the flavor but I love how incredibly easy it is to make. It's one of the easiest meals I've ever made, and believe me I've made a lot of meals.
Tips and Tricks
- To make this even easier to make sometimes I will pre-cook the hamburger and freeze it in one-pound portions and warm it up in the microwave so it cuts out like half the cooking time. I often do 5-10 pounds at a time and will even cook it in the crock pot so it is tender and I don't have to baby it or find a huge pot to cook it in. Besides, I can save a ton of money doing this because I watch for sales and stock up on hamburger meat.
- My other favorite trick with this recipe is to cook it up until adding the cream and cheese then freeze it in individual containers. This is because the cream doesn't freeze all that great. Then I add a little chicken broth to a saucepan and cook until the frozen part is heated up and then add the cream, cheese, and bacon at this point. You can't even tell it was frozen.
- When I freeze it I usually do huge batches and do it in the slow cooker and we eat it fresh the first night and then have pre-cooked meals all ready to go (other than the cream, etc.) in the freezer. This saves me so much money because I know I have a healthy, fast meal at home ready to go so there is no need to eat out.
- You can also freeze the bacon and have pre-cooked bacon as they sell in the store but for a fraction of the price.
- Unless you don't mind it separating and looking weird but tasting fine I recommend only using cream in this recipe instead of half-n-half or milk. Besides, the cream is delicious and hopefully if you are on the Keto diet you know not to be afraid of fat.
I would love to know if you try this recipe and what you think of it. Please comment below and let me know!
This Keto soup recipe has all the flavor of a cheeseburger but in a soup with a cheesy, creamy soup base and the best part is it only takes about 30 minutes to make from start to finish!
- 1 pound 80/20 ground beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ground mustard powder
- cayenne pepper and/or paprika, optional
- 1 teaspoon Real salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- In a large, enameled dutch oven start cooking the ground beef over medium heat, crumbling as necessary.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables, shred cheese and cook bacon in a separate pan if it's not already cooked.
- When ground beef is no longer pink and fully crumbled, drain the grease or soak up with paper towels.
- Add the butter to the pan and as soon as it is melted, add the vegetables and spices.
- Saute for 4-6 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add chicken broth and let simmer for 8-10 minutes until vegetables are desired softness.
- Stir in heavy cream and cheese and heat just until the cheese is melted. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with some sprinkled bacon and cheese.
Keywords: Creamy, Cheesy, Fun