I love how creamy and rich this Mac and Cheese is. It sure doesn't taste like healthy food!
- 1 Head Cauliflower (I used a fairly large head, about the equivalent of 4-5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Grass-fed butter or bacon fat
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 12 ounces Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Break the head of cauliflower into very small florets, discarding the thick stems. You should have 4-5 cups of cauliflower florets, in the end.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large, deep sided saute pan. Add the butter, water, cream ,salt, garlic powder and mustard.
- Bring to a simmer over medium/high heat. Cover and let cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- If the liquid is still thin, let it cook, uncovered, until it has reduced to the consistency of heavy cream.
- Add 2/3 of the shredded cheese to the cauliflower and toss into the sauce until it melts and sauce becomes creamy. Taste sauce and add more salt, if needed.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and a grating of fresh black pepper. Assuming your pan is oven proof, set it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately. Sauce will thicken slightly upon standing.
Keywords: creamy, rich, healthy, Keto