Balsamic Roast Beef Crock Pot Recipe
This Paleo balsamic pot roast recipe is one of our family's favorite meals and is one of the few meals that everyone in the family really likes and asks for consistently and that everyone in our family can eat. With all the dietary restrictions and pickiness in our family that is saying A LOT!
- Prep Time: 8 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 8 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 3 lb. beef roast
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup maple syrup *
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Real Salt *
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- Optional: In a frying pan, quickly sear the roast on all sides and add to a slow cooker. I usually skip this step because I very often use a frozen roast and think it tastes great without the searing. However, it does taste better when you take the time to do this step.
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-12 hours. If cooking a frozen roast, add about 2 hours to the cooking time. This time varies greatly depending on your slow cooker, the cut of meat and your preference of tenderness.
- You will know when it is done because you will be able to easily shred the roast with a fork.
- When it is cooked, take portions of the roast out at a time and put it on a plate and separate out the fat and meat and shred the meat with a fork then put back in the slow cooker with the juices. Continue until all the roast is shredded and there is no fat left.
- Serve roast by itself, in a bowl with the juices or even put it in crusty bread and serve the juice on the side for dipping.
Keywords: Paleo, homemade, healthy