This Paleo balsamic roast beef recipe is one of our family’s favorite meals and is one of the few meals that everyone in the family really likes and asks for consistently and that everyone in our family can eat. With all the dietary restrictions and pickiness in our family that is saying A LOT!
This Paleo balsamic pot roast is also one of the top five meals I bring to family gatherings year-round and it disappears super fast. I love the combination of tangy sweetness and how the roast absorbs the balsamic vinegar sauce. Oh, that sauce! It’s so good! I love to use whatever carb I am eating with the meal to soak it up and just inhale it.
Speaking of sides, I love mashed cauliflower with this when I’m eating Paleo or low carb. I also like because it makes me feel more healthy. One of the ways I like to eat it is to slice crusty bread, put a pile of this on the bread, put some swiss cheese on top and broil it for a tiny bit until the cheese melts and then top with the other piece of crusty bread. But I know that isn’t Paleo. Then you dip it in the sauce. To die for!
Tip and tricks to make this Paleo balsamic pot roast
- I love to get the cut of roast with the most marbling possible so the flavor of the fat is infused throughout the meat.
- It’s important to cook this long enough so it’s fork-tender and falls apart easily with a fork. If you don’t, it won’t be as tender to eat and it’s a huge pain to cut up.
- My sister has had plenty of luck cooking her roast in the Instant Pot but I tried it like 5 times and I could never get it to work. I’m not sure if it’s because I was using grass-fed roast but I can’t imagine that would make a difference. So I guess the tip is that this recipe is best in the slow cooker, although don’t forget that your Instant Pot has a slow cooker setting.
- I buy my balsamic vinegar from Costco. It’s super yummy and a good buy but there we recently (finally) got a Trader Joe’s near us and I noticed their balsamic vinegar was a good price. Most everywhere else it’s quite pricey and if you’re like me and make this recipe as often as we do, it’s going to be important to find a good source for it. If you don’t live by a good source of it, make sure and check the links on this page because buying it online can actually be a good deal too.
- This is really good with my Paleo mac and cheese recipe.
I would love to know if you try this Paleo balsamic pot roast recipe and what you think of it. Please comment below and let me know!
You may also like these:
Balsamic Roast Beef Crock Pot Recipe
This Paleo balsamic pot roast recipe is one of our family’s favorite meals and is one of the few meals that everyone in the family really likes and asks for consistently and that everyone in our family can eat. With all the dietary restrictions and pickiness in our family that is saying A LOT!
- Prep Time: 8 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 8 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Optional: In a frying pan, quickly sear the roast on all sides and add to a slow cooker. I usually skip this step because I very often use a frozen roast and think it tastes great without the searing. However, it does taste better when you take the time to do this step.
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-12 hours. If cooking a frozen roast, add about 2 hours to the cooking time. This time varies greatly depending on your slow cooker, the cut of meat and your preference of tenderness.
- You will know when it is done because you will be able to easily shred the roast with a fork.
- When it is cooked, take portions of the roast out at a time and put it on a plate and separate out the fat and meat and shred the meat with a fork then put back in the slow cooker with the juices. Continue until all the roast is shredded and there is no fat left.
- Serve roast by itself, in a bowl with the juices or even put it in crusty bread and serve the juice on the side for dipping.
Keywords: Paleo, homemade, healthy