This cashew chicken recipe only takes 20 minutes to make and is sweet and tangy with a crunch from the cashews. I love how it uses ingredients I already have. My children love this Paleo chicken!
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Oil (divided)
- 2 pounds Chicken Tenders (cut into cubes)
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot Starch (or cornstarch if you don't do Paleo)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (cut into strips)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 Onion (cut into thick cubes)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos (or balsamic vinegar or soy sauce if you don't want it to be Paleo or Clean)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1 cup Cashews (roasted and salted)
- 1/2 cup Green Onion
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil or avocado oil in a large saute pan over medium/high heat.
- Place the chicken and arrowroot starch in a bowl and toss until chicken is generously coated.
- Once the pan is hot enough that when you put a drop of water in the pan it spits, add the chicken to the hot pan of oil and saute until the chicken is golden and crispy on all sides, turning over each piece every two minutes or so.
- Remove the chicken and set aside in a bowl (drain on a paper towel if you want). Place the pan back on the heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the pan and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers have begun to soften. Add the chicken back in to the pan and mix in with the vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey, red pepper, and salt.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and toss with the chicken and vegetables. Bring sauce to a boil and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Stir in the cashews and 3/4 of the green onions.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle the remaining green onions over the top of the chicken and serve over cauliflower rice.
Keywords: Sweet, Tangy, Quick