A recipe for a classic cookie, chocolate chip. This recipe is paleo and uses almond, coconut, tapioca flours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, stir together the maple syrup, honey, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, stirring together well. Add the chocolate chips , distributing well throughout the dough.
- Let the dough sit for 5-10 minutes so that the coconut flour can fully absorb the liquids.
- Using a 2 T. Scoop, place the cooking on the prepared baking sheets 2" apart.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let sit on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove carefully from pan with a spatula and store in an airtight container.
- *I needed to bake these cookies on the top rack of my oven to get them to brown evenly. Depending on your oven, they may need to be cooked on the top rack.
- *Because of the lack of gluten, these cookies will need to be handled more gently and will break apart easier than a cookie with gluten.
Keywords: classic, Paleo, Gluten-Free, healthy