This is the best Paleo chocolate chip cookies recipe to be found. I’m so excited to be able to eat chocolate chip cookies again, I really missed them. Nothing is better than classic chocolate chip cookies! They will forever be a classic that no one can resist!
Whenever I try to decide what kind of cookies to make, chocolate chip cookies are one of the first always mentioned. There are many times when the only cookie that my family can agree on are chocolate chip cookies, so I end up making them more often than any other cookie. I once again want to provide a way for people who live a paleo lifestyle, to enjoy a classic food without all of the ingredients they don’t want to consume.
Making cookies and having them ready when your children get home from school can be a great way to put them in a good mood. It will give you the chance to talk to them sitting down to see how their day is going and it will also give them a break from school and refresh their mind for possible homework they might have.
Another fun idea is to make time to make cookies with children. I know, right? What a concept! Children love to cook with you if you give them the chance! This also presents a great opportunity for your children to learn new skills and to learn how to work together as a team. If you want to, you can even bring cookies to family members or neighbors. This is a great way to spread happiness and cheer with others.
What are some of your favorite memories of making chocolate chip cookies with others? Who do you like making them with? So without further ado here is our Paleo chocolate chip cookies recipe for everyone to enjoy!
Here are some notes about the cookies you might want to consider when making them:
- I needed to bake these cookies on the top rack of my oven to get them to brown evenly. Depending on your oven, they may need to be cooked on the top rack.
- Because of the lack of gluten, these cookies will need to be handled more gently and will break apart easier than a cookie with gluten.
You may also like these recipes:Print
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
A recipe for a classic cookie, chocolate chip. This recipe is paleo and uses almond, coconut, tapioca flours.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda .
- In another bowl, stir together the maple syrup , honey , coconut oil , eggs, and vanilla .
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, stirring together well. Add the chocolate chips , distributing well throughout the dough.
- Let the dough sit for 5-10 minutes so that the coconut flour can fully absorb the liquids.
- Using a 2 T. Scoop, place the cooking on the prepared baking sheets 2″ apart.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let sit on the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove carefully from pan with a spatula and store in an airtight container.
- *I needed to bake these cookies on the top rack of my oven to get them to brown evenly. Depending on your oven, they may need to be cooked on the top rack.
- *Because of the lack of gluten, these cookies will need to be handled more gently and will break apart easier than a cookie with gluten.
Keywords: almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, chocolate chips, Paleo cookies
9 of the Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here are 9 of the best Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipes you’ll ever find. Plus you can learn about whether chocolate chips really are Paleo. I have a list of the Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes here for you to enjoy as a treat once in a while…
There is some question as to whether or not chocolate should be included in the Paleo Diet. Some Paleo eaters include it while others do not. This subject is discussed quite a bit. I found two articles that I thought worth mentioning. They discuss a number of facts which include pros and cons as to whether chocolate chips should be included in a Paleo diet.
These articles should help you determine whether or not you think chocolate should be included in your Paleo Diet.
Not sure if chocolate is Paleo? Read our “Is Chocolate Paleo?” article to help you decide.
If you do decide to include chocolate chips in your diet you need to make sure you don’t just buy any old bag of chocolate chips. The best brand of chocolate chips to buy are Enjoy Life and you can buy them Here.
For those of you who include chocolate in your diet, I hope you enjoy my list of the Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes.
1. Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies – See Above
2. Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – My Natural Family
I like these Paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies because they are full of pumpkin flavor, they are not too sweet and they have kind of a cakey texture. That’s what I expect from a pumpkin cookie. These are really good, I don’t want to brag but they are a lot better than the ones you buy from the store.
Even those made in a bakery. They are actually pretty healthy too because they only have 1 tablespoon of oil in the whole batch and only 2 tablespoons of honey . I sweetened them up with a little applesauce too. Healthy Healthy Healthy
3. Best Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft Batch – My Natural Family
These chocolate chip cookies are the best SOFT Paleo cookies around. They are not crispy or crunchy, they are soft. So if you like soft chocolate chip cookies as opposed to crunchy you should try these. Actually, I prefer these to the crunchy ones. I like them soft, I just don’t like when they fall apart in your hand.
4. Ultimate Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies – Paleo Running Mama
Michele says she has tried hundreds of Paleo chocolate chip cookies and these are the best ones she ever has eaten. So I guess we better make a batch of these and see if she’s right. Let me know if they are good as she claims.
5. Pomegranate Chocolate Chip Cookies – VeguKate
These are more healthy than 90% of the cookies in the world. You won’t find tons of sugar or butter in this recipe. Instead, you will find rolled oats, buckwheat flour, cacao powder , and almond butter . Instead of sprinkles and food coloring, you’ll find some really pretty pomegranate seeds. They provide color, flavor, and fiber. Win-win in my opinion.
6. Coconut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hold The Grain
If you’ve never made anything with cassava flour before, you should really try it now. Cassava flour has a texture that is close to that of white wheat flour. For that reason, these taste more like “regular” cookies in my opinion, than those made with other gluten-free flours. Tess has a link to a post that tells you how to make your own coconut butter . It’s pretty simple, look for it. If you’d like to learn more about cassava flour read this: 9 Paleo Cassava Flour Recipes Index, Pros, Cons and Best Prices.
7. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Paleo Running Momma
These cookies are chewy, soft and decadent. They will become a family favorite very quickly. You won’t believe they are Paleo with their fudgy, soft, thick texture and warm rich flavors. They are super soft and seem to become softer as they cool. They store well in the refrigerator if you have any left after you eat one. You can’t eat just one.
8. Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies – Paleo Running Momma
These are a little different than other cookies in that they are sweetened with dates instead of some sort of Paleo-approved sugar. They have a nutty flavor. You can thank the almond butter for that. They have a chewy texture. If you’ve never tried dates as a sweetener, you really should. They add another whole dimension but you can hardly taste them.
9. Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts – The Roasted Root
Well, all of these Paleo chocolate chip cookie recipes are starting to look alike. I’m sure they all do taste similar, but each has something unique to it alone. For these, it’s the maple syrup they are sweetened with. I absolutely adore maple syrup , (my mother hates it, I know that’s a strong word, but she does). It does have quite a strong flavor all of its own so it will make these taste a little different than others. The cinnamon and walnuts will add additional flavor also. Give them a try and let me know how you like them.