This looks and tastes so similar to honey wheat bread, thanks to the honey and flax meal. The flax meal gives the bread a somewhat chewy texture while the arrowroot starch helps hold it together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour (use coconut flour) a standard 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together the coconut flour, arrowroot starch, flax meal, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the egg yolks, melted coconut oil, coconut milk, and honey.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients(not including the egg whites).
- Add half of the egg whites and stir in to combine.
- Add the remaining egg whites and very gently fold in to the mixture. Mixture will be thick as you first start folding the egg white in, but keep carefully folding and it will become smooth. Take care to not over-mix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle a little flax meal over the top of the batter and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
Keywords: Homemade, Healthy, chewy