These egg muffins are jam-packed with flavor and come together relatively quick. They are full of color, texture, and healthy ingredients.
- 8 oz Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Sweet Onion (thinly sliced)
- ¾ Cup Red Bell Peppers (chopped or thinly sliced, any color)
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Spinach (packed)
- 1 tsp Fresh Oregano (chopped or ½ t. dry oregano)
- 9 Eggs
- Ground Pepper
- ¾ tsp Real Salt
- ¼ Cup Coconut Milk or regular milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- Place the ground sausage in a sauté pan and heat on medium high. Break up the pork into crumbles with a spatula as it cooks.
- When the pork is half way cooked, add 1 T. of olive oil, onions, peppers, and oregano to the pan. Saute until the onion is translucent. Add the spinach to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for 30 seconds, remove the lid and toss the ingredients. Spinach should be wilted but still bright green. Remove from heat and strain off any excess grease.
- Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl along with the pepper, salt, and milk. Whisk together until eggs are well beaten.
- Add the sausage and vegetables to the egg mixture and mix in until well distributed.
- Divide the mixture between the greased muffin tins(12 total), making sure that each tin has a somewhat equal ratio of eggs/fillings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Cool for a few minutes and remove from tins, loosening the edges first with a knife.
Keywords: healthy, flavorful, quick, colorful