Paleo Pizza Crust Recipe
This is a pizza crust recipe that was created for someone who lives a paleo diet but has great flavor and texture that anyone could enjoy.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, and salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Make a well the center of the combined flours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, olive oil, coconut milk, and honey.
- Pour the mixture into the well of dry ingredients.
- Combine with a rubber spatula, mixture may seem a little wet at first.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and the coconut flour will soak up the excess moisture.
- Shape the dough into a slightly sticky and not perfectly formed ball (see photo under the recipe). If the dough is a little too sticky (because of a large egg, high humidity, etc.), you may need to add a little extra tapioca flour.
- Place the ball on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Lightly dust your hands with tapioca flour and press the dough out into a 12″ circle. Crust should be thin, about 1/4″.
- Slide hands underneath the parchment paper and flip the crust over onto a pizza stone or greased baking sheet.
- Slowly peel back the parchment paper and discard.
- Top the crust with desired sauce and toppings and bake on the bottom rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes to get a crust that is still a bit soft underneath, for a crisper crust bake 15+ minutes.
- Remove and slice with a roller cutter.
Many commenters recommend pre-cooking the crust for 10 minutes before adding toppings then bake for 8-10 more minutes after adding toppings.
Keywords: flavorful, healthy, Paleo, homemade