This is a healthy crock pot pork roast recipe with a savory Chimichurri Sauce. Have a great meal the whole family can enjoy!
- 2-3 Pound Pork Roast (boneless)
- 4 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 1 Pound Carrots (trimmed and quartered lengthwise)
- 1 Sweet Onion (thickly sliced)
- Real Salt * (to taste)
- 1 Recipe chimichurri sauce
- Place the pork roast in a crock pot. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the roast and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Cover with the lid and cook it on high for 6 hours (or low for 12 hours).
- After the roast has been in the crock pot for 4 hours (8 hours on low), add the onions and carrots to the crock pot, placing around the roast (Alternatively, you can pan fry the onions and carrots with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute them on medium/high heat until they begin to caramelize. Add them to the crock pot after this step).
- Cook the roast, carrots, and onions for 2 more hours (4 hours on low), or until the pork is pulls apart easily and carrots are soft.
- Place the roast, carrots, and onions on a serving platter and drizzle with chimichurri sauce. Serve with extra sauce.
Keywords: Healthy, Crockpot, Easy