This is covered with a delicious lemon, garlic and herb crust that helps seal in the juices. This fish is light and flaky and it only takes 10 minutes to bake.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place all ingredients except for salmon in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Stir until combined.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the salmon with the lemon herb butter, evenly spreading it over the tops of each fillet.
- Bake, uncovered, on the top or second to top rack for 10-12 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. (145 degrees F)
- Alternately the fish can be broiled on medium/high on the second to top rack for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. This method will give you a bit more crunchy, caramelized crust. (Place it directly on the pan or use tin foil. Do not use parchment paper or a Silpat for this method.)
Keywords: lemon, butter, baked