Crock Pot Paleo Sloppy Joes Recipe
This homemade sloppy joe sauce tastes so much better than the canned stuff and it's easy to make. I like to blend up the onion and pepper so my kids don't know they are in there, but you still get the flavor from them.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 120 minutes
- Total Time: 135 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 12 ounces Bacon (sliced into 1/2" pieces)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Bell Pepper (diced)
- Paleo BBQ Sauce
- Paleo Buns
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef. Add the beef to a slow cooker.
- Add the diced bacon to the same pan the beef was cooked in (no need to wash) and cook until it is just starting to brown.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the bacon and saute until the bacon is fully cooked, and the onion and pepper are soft and translucent. Add the bacon, onion, and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Add the BBQ sauce ingredients to the slow cooker, stir well, and heat on low for 2 hours.
- Serve on my Paleo buns.
Keywords: Savory, Healthy, Homemade, Easy