This chicken is so easy to put together and is such an elegant combo of flavors. Fresh summer peaches and rosemary pair so well with a rich balsamic reduction that coats the chicken thighs and results in a tender, glossy, flavorful dish.
- 2 Tbl Avocado Oil
- 1 Onion (sliced thinly)
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary (stems removed, chopped)
- 1 ½ tsp Real Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 3 Peaches (pitted, sliced)
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¾ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 10 Chicken Thighs (skin removed)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the avocado oil to medium/high. Add the onion, rosemary, salt and pepper, sautéing until the onion is translucent and soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add the peach slices to the pan and sauté with the onion for another 5 minutes. Add the honey and balsamic vinegar to the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced to a thick syrup. Do not reduce too long or the syrup will caramelize.
- Place the chicken thighs in a lightly greased baking dish. Pour the peach/balsamic sauce over the chicken, spreading the peaches over the chicken evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until tender and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and pour the liquid in the pan into a small saucepan.
- Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat and let boil down to a thick sauce, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce back over the chicken, evenly coating.
Keywords: easy, elegant, fresh, healthy