The blended zucchini is awesome in this chocolate cake recipe because it makes it moist and light - and a little healthy. I love the brown sugar streusel because it was REALLY easy to do and it looks really fancy.
- 1/2 Cup Butter (can substitute applesauce)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Quinoa Flour
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Non-Aluminum Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Real Salt
- 2 Cups Blended Zucchini
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Pecans
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch pan with cold coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer (handheld or stand mixer), cream together the butter, oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix. Add 1/2 of the milk; mix. Add another 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining milk and mix followed by the last of the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in the blended zucchini.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the pecans and chocolate chips. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of everything.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (don't overbake!).
- Let cool completely before serving. This cake tastes best at room temperature (and is great the next day, too!).
Keywords: Gluten-Free, Moist, Light, Healthy