Crock Pot Burrito Bowl Recipe with Chili-Spice
I love how versatile this burrito bowl recipe is and how you can use the same basic recipe to make burrito bowls, burritos, and Chipotle-style salads.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 240 minutes
- Total Time: 250 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
- 4 lb Pork Loin
- 6 Cloves Garlic, (chopped)
- 1 Tbl Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbl Coarse Real Salt *
- 1 Cup Fresh or Canned Salsa
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 3 Cups Beans of your choice (canned or dried that have been cooked)
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- Real Salt * (to taste)
- 6 Cups white rice
- Shredded cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- Sour cream (omit for dairy-free)
- 3 Avocados (sliced)
- Place the pork loin in a crock pot. Cover the loin with the 6 cloves of chopped garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Pour the salsa and honey over the pork. Turn crock pot on high and cover. Cook for 4 hours. (Can also be cooked on low for about 8 hours).
- At the end of 4 hours, shred the pork with a fork, tossing in the juices until they are all soaked up into the meat. Keep warm.
- Place the beans in a sauce pan. Add the garlic and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and remove from heat once cooked through.
To assemble bowls:
- Place a serving of rice in a bowl and top with about ¼ C. Beans. Top with a generous portion of shredded pork. Add desired toppings such as sour cream, salsa, avocado, cilantro and cheese.
Keywords: Versatile, basic, healthy, easy