Today I have a delicious gluten-free Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Burrito Bowl Recipe. It’s made with chili-spiced pulled pork. These are so delicious and I love how my entire meal is in one bowl.
This crock pot burrito bowl is so delicious and completely gluten-free. This is a great alternative to the typical burrito. I made this recipe using Costco’s pork loins. Though it takes a while to cook in the slow cooker, it is very quick to throw together.
It can be assembled and cooking in the crockpot in under 3 minutes. The result is a very tender shredded pork that is SO extremely flavorful, just a little sweet, and full of savory, smoky flavor.
It’s easy to change this recipe up. Sometimes I like to make it different by omitting the Mexican ingredients and instead of topping it with roasted veggies, like a variety of peppers, zucchini, summer squash, onions, and garlic. You could also change out the rice for a tortilla and have a burrito. It’s such a versatile dish.
One of the things I like about this burrito bowl, besides it is easy to make, is that your entire meal is in one bowl and it’s quick and easy to eat.
Burritos can be hard to eat and messy, especially for children. Besides, I don’t like corn tortillas and I don’t always have gluten-free flour tortillas on hand and don’t have time to make them all the time.
It’s also nice because people can pick and choose which ingredients they like. I think burrito bowl recipes like this are good candidates for parties because everyone can bring just one ingredient and then everyone can pick and choose the ingredients they like. And choose how much or how little of each ingredient they want.
I listed rice as the grain, but others such as quinoa , etc, would work well too. You could also just totally leave out the rice and eat it as a low carb recipe. Another obvious choice is to turn it into a salad by subbing out the rice for greens and topping it with ranch or the homemade tomatillo ranch dressing from this recipe.
Comment below if you would pair this with rice, quinoa or another grain? and why.
You may also like these recipes:
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Burrito Bowl Recipe with Chili-Spice
I love how versatile this burrito bowl recipe is and how you can use the same basic recipe to make burrito bowls, burritos, and Chipotle-style salads.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 240 minutes
- Total Time: 250 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
- 4 lb Pork Loin
- 6 Cloves Garlic, (chopped)
- 1 Tbl Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbl Coarse Real Salt
- 1 Cup Fresh or Canned Salsa
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 3 Cups Beans of your choice (canned or dried that have been cooked)
- 2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- Real Salt (to taste)
- 6 Cups white rice
- Shredded cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- Sour cream (omit for dairy-free)
- 3 Avocados (sliced)
- Place the pork loin in a crock pot. Cover the loin with the 6 cloves of chopped garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Pour the salsa and honey over the pork. Turn crock pot on high and cover. Cook for 4 hours. (Can also be cooked on low for about 8 hours).
- At the end of 4 hours, shred the pork with a fork, tossing in the juices until they are all soaked up into the meat. Keep warm.
- Place the beans in a sauce pan. Add the garlic and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and remove from heat once cooked through.
To assemble bowls:
- Place a serving of rice in a bowl and top with about ¼ C. Beans. Top with a generous portion of shredded pork. Add desired toppings such as sour cream, salsa, avocado, cilantro and cheese.
Keywords: Versatile, basic, healthy, easy