I love how fast this Clean Eating naan bread comes together since they don't have yeast. They are really easy too.
- Sift together the einkorn flour, spelt flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Place the yogurt and oil in the well and work into the flour with your fingers. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms that is not sticky, but not overly dry, either.
- Dust your work surface with a little einkorn flour and knead your dough for 5 minutes. Dough should be smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a towel. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- When the dough is done resting, divide it into 8 equal pieces. Keep pieces covered as you work so that they do not dry out.
- Heat a frying pan or cast iron skillet to medium high. Keep a lid next to it.
- Roll a piece of dough gently with a rolling pin into a round about 1/4" thick, sprinkling with a little chopped cilantro halfway through rolling. Dough does not need to be in a perfect circle.
- Brush the bottom of the dough with a little water. Brushing the water in the center of the dough, but not on the edges will help it bubble more. Place the dough, wet side down, in the middle of the hot pan and cover with the lid immediately. Cook for 30-35 seconds (dough should bubble a little in the middle, but if it doesn't, that's fine too). Remove the lid and drizzle 1 t. of ghee top of the dough and flip over. Cook for another 30 seconds and remove from the pan.
- Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
- Brush with more ghee, if desired and sprinkle with a little garlic powder and salt. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Clean, Easy, Yeast-Free