This is the best quick and easy spelt naan recipe and it’s yeast-free too. It takes one third less time to make without the yeast.
I love this Clean eating naan bread recipe so much. It is a family favorite for sure. We have been trying to eat out less often and one of our favorite places to eat is our local Indian food restaurant. It is a new discovery for us. I didn’t think the children would be as favorable as they are to curry and other dishes. We love making it at home now and this recipe is great to go with it to complete the meal.
I really could not believe how easy this einkorn naan recipe was to make. I decided to try making a version without yeast and was not expecting it to work well with all of the whole grain flours I was using. Wrong. It was amazing. This version takes probably a third of the time to make as opposed to a version with yeast in it. Plus it had the softest texture and a great taste. If you can’t find Ghee, clarified butter or even regular butter will work just the same in its place.
We have several recipes on our site you might enjoy eating along with this clean eating naan recipe. Including our Indian Saag Recipe, Simple Paleo Chicken Recipe, or Paleo Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe.
You may also like these recipes:Print
Quick and Easy Einkorn and Spelt Naan Recipe
I love how fast this Clean Eating naan bread comes together since they don’t have yeast. They are really easy too.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Clean Eating
- Sift together the einkorn flour, spelt flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Place the yogurt and oil in the well and work into the flour with your fingers. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a dough forms that is not sticky, but not overly dry, either.
- Dust your work surface with a little einkorn flour and knead your dough for 5 minutes. Dough should be smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a towel. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- When the dough is done resting, divide it into 8 equal pieces. Keep pieces covered as you work so that they do not dry out.
- Heat a frying pan or cast iron skillet to medium high. Keep a lid next to it.
- Roll a piece of dough gently into a round about 1/4″ thick, sprinkling with a little chopped cilantro halfway through rolling. Dough does not need to be in a perfect circle.
- Brush the bottom of the dough with a little water. Brushing the water in the center of the dough, but not on the edges will help it bubble more. Place the dough, wet side down, in the middle of the hot pan and cover with the lid immediately. Cook for 30-35 seconds(dough should bubble a little in the middle, but if it doesn’t, that’s fine too). Remove the lid and drizzle 1 t. of ghee top of the dough and flip over. Cook for another 30 seconds and remove from the pan.
- Repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
- Brush with more ghee, if desired and sprinkle with a little garlic powder and salt. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Clean, Easy, Yeast-Free