This turkey meatballs recipe has it all! The protein, the veggies and the energy! Top a salad with it, eat with a side of rice, dip in ketchup or BBQ sauce, or eat alone! There’s a world of options for ya!! Make them a little different every single time! Freeze them for next week or eat them fresh!
- 1 Small Onion (or half a large onion), skin removed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds and stem removed (you can leave the seeds in for SPICY meatballs!)
- 1/3 Cup Oat Flour (or ½ cup quick cooking oats)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Yellow Mustard (powder or prepared)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 20 oz Ground Turkey (or ground chicken - I grind my own in the food processor)
- 1 Tbl Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease the wells of a muffin tin well with desired oil.
- Place the onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno in the bowl of a food processor fitted with an ‘S’ blade.
- Pulse several times, until the peppers and onions are chopped into small pieces. Add the oat flour, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic powder, turkey, olive oil, and eggs to the food processor and process for 10-20 seconds, or until the mix is fully combined.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the mix into each muffin well. I like to use a hand scoop that has a ¼ cup capacity for easy measuring and a nice domed top, but a ¼ cup measuring cup will work as well.
- Bake the meatballs in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until they are golden brown on top and cooked through. To remove – run a knife around the edge of each muffin and scoop out with a spoon.
Keywords: versatile, easy, healthy