These are the best easy to make ground turkey meatloaf muffins recipe. They are kind of fun to make using an ice cream scoop too; you don’t have to touch raw meat if you don’t want to.
Okay, so I am pretty much determined to make eating healthy as simple as possible! And I realized I have not shared this recipe with you and it is my current favorite for my most simple and most delicious recipe! I love healthy recipes this is a FAVORITE at our house! And at only 113 calories per muffin, these are what I would call “skinny.”
They are…..Turkey Balls! They sound weird, I know. But trust me; these tasty little things are gonna rock your world!
And if you wanna be a star in your hubby’s eyes, make him lunch for work every day! (I know, some of you are rolling your eyes…like us busy moms have time to make lunch for our hubby’s every single day! Geez!) Well, guess what, these little gems are gonna change all that. You are gonna look like the bomb jiggidy when he tastes how delicious these are and thinks you spent hours and hours prepping these. And guess what, BONUS! Kids LOVE THEM TOO!! I swear these things are gonna never get old! Ready for it?
It’s as simple as:
Dump, Squish, and Roll.
The best part is this recipe has it all! The protein, the veggies, and the energy! Top a salad with it, eat with a side of rice, dip in ketchup or BBQ sauce, or eat alone! There’s a world of options for ya!! Make them a little different every single time! Freeze them for next week or eat them fresh!
Can you freeze these?
These are a good example of a simple meal prep freezer food that’s healthy, easy and delicious. I bake a big batch one time a week and store them in 2’s in baggies in the fridge or freezer! And in fact, if my hubby goes for them for dinner or a snack and they aren’t there, he grumbles out of disappointment!
To serve them in my hubby’s lunch I take the frozen meatballs and add them to one of my bento box lunch containers along with some healthy sides like spaghetti sauce, a salad, veggies or fruit. So easy and it saves us so much time, money and the stress of figuring out what to eat for lunch.
To get more ideas of other recipes I freeze this way and how life-changing it can be, sign up for my email list at the bottom of this post.
I hope you like these as much as I do! And I also hope these make your life a little more simple having another easy-prep meal! Please comment below and let me know if you make these or have any tips to share with others.
You may also like these recipes:Print
Best Easy, Ground Turkey Meatloaf Muffins Recipe
This turkey meatloaf muffins recipe has it all! The protein, the veggies and the energy! Top a salad with it, eat with a side of rice, dip in ketchup or BBQ sauce, or eat alone! There’s a world of options for ya!! Make them a little different every single time! Freeze them for next week or eat them fresh!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
- 1 Small Onion (or half a large onion), skin removed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds and stem removed (you can leave the seeds in for SPICY meatballs!)
- 1/3 Cup Oat Flour (or ½ cup quick cooking oats)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Yellow Mustard (powder or prepared)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 20 oz Ground Turkey (or ground chicken – I grind my own in the food processor)
- 1 Tbl Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease the wells of a muffin tin well with desired oil.
- Place the onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno in the bowl of a food processor fitted with an ‘S’ blade.
- Pulse several times, until the peppers and onions are chopped into small pieces. Add the oat flour, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, mustard, garlic powder, turkey, olive oil, and eggs to the food processor and process for 10-20 seconds, or until the mix is fully combined.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the mix into each muffin well. I like to use a hand scoop that has a ¼ cup capacity for easy measuring and a nice domed top, but a ¼ cup measuring cup will work as well.
- Bake the meatloaf muffins in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown on top and cooked through. To remove – run a knife around the edge of each muffin and scoop out with a spoon.
Keywords: versatile, easy, healthy