Healthy Whole Wheat Waffles
This is a simple, healthy waffle recipe made with whole wheat flour. It is a fairly traditional waffle recipe with a few “extra” ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 29
- Total Time: 39 Minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 oz container Greek yogurt (any flavor – I used plain)
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed *
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Lightly grease a warmed up waffle iron.
- Cook in a waffle iron until done.
This made 6 large waffles with my waffle iron, but you could easily make more smaller portions
Keywords: Simple, Healthy, Golden Brown