This is a simple, healthy whole wheat waffles recipe. It is a fairly traditional waffle recipe with a few “extra” ingredients. It’s one of those healthy recipes, that is completely safe to serve to family or even friends because it’s not that “far out there.” Plus all of the ingredients are pantry staples, so you shouldn’t have to go buy a bunch of groceries.
Whenever I make this recipe, I like to double it and freeze the extras. My kids LOVE to have waffles in the morning, so it is nice to have some healthy and budget-friendly waffles ready to go.
All I have to do is heat them up and serve. My husband even likes it, and it makes me feel like a super mom and wife when I am prepared with delicious and healthy meals that my family actually requests.
Please comment below and let me know what you think of this recipe and if you tried freezing them.Print
This is a simple, healthy waffle recipe made with whole wheat flour. It is a fairly traditional waffle recipe with a few “extra” ingredients.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¾ cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 oz container Greek yogurt (any flavor - I used plain)
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Lightly grease a warmed up waffle iron.
- Cook in a waffle iron until done.
This made 6 large waffles with my waffle iron, but you could easily make more smaller portions
Keywords: Simple, Healthy, Golden Brown