Costco has a blend of baby greens that come in a bag that we really like for smoothies. The blend has baby spinach, baby kale, baby chard, etc. Make sure to pack the greens into the measuring cup when measuring. You could use coconut milk in a carton, but canned will give it the best flavor.
My secret ingredient in smoothies is an avocado. The smoothie does not taste avocado-y, but it keeps the smoothie from separating (it will eventually separate a little bit if stored in the fridge over several hours) and makes it so creamy and smooth. Plus you get a dose of healthy fats.
I also added a few drops of wild orange essential oil to really make this smoothie flavorful and refreshing!
You may also like these recipes:
This is my favorite smoothie recipe. My children ask me to make it all the time.
- 3 Cups Spinach, Kale, or a blend of small leafy greens, packed
- 1 Banana, peeled
- 1 Orange, peeled
- 1 1/2 Cups Pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 Avocado, pitted and skin removed
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (canned for best flavor)
- 1 Tbl Maple Syrup (optional - use if fruit is not very sweet)
- 2 Cups Crushed Ice
- 3 Drops Wild Orange Essential Oil (optional)
- Dried Coconut Chips (optional)
- Chia Seeds (optional)
Place all ingredients (besides the coconut chips and chia seeds) in a high speed blender and blend until very smooth and creamy, 1 1/2-2 minutes.
Will keep up to 2-3 days refrigerated. Stir briskly to re-combine if storing in the fridge.
You may also be interested my The Best Blenders for Smoothies Post