These Paleo apple pie bars have a simple almond flour pie crust that you don’t have to roll out – just press in the pan, put in the simple filling and crumble with a little more crust. If you want, there is an optional maple coconut cream icing that just puts them over the top.
I don’t know about you but things are crazy around here this Fall, and every Fall, with the start of school, settling back into a busy routine and figuring out new schedules. I am just hoping that you all saved a little bit of time to whip up these insanely delicious bars.
Around here, one of my favorite parts of fall is all the roadside fruit and vegetable stands that pop up everywhere. One of my absolute favorites is the apple orchard a few miles from my house. About 50 years ago almost all the city used to be apple and pear orchards and sadly now it’s almost all houses but there are still a few apple orchards here and there.
If you haven’t tried apples fresh from an apple tree, they are a totally different story from the ones you get in a store. They are so much better. They have all these varieties I’ve never heard of and they have a whole level of flavor you can’t get from ones in the store since they weren’t ripened on the vine. Don’t even get me started on how good the fresh-pressed cider is!
They are also a great price, especially if you get boxes of the seconds. I always end up getting way too many apples because it seems like each of my children wants to try a different variety. Plus, they do store well.
With all these apples in my house, I started experimenting with healthy apple recipes and this Paleo apple dessert was the result. I’m so happy with them!
They are seriously like a little slice of heaven on earth, and you would never ever believe they are Paleo and Vegan-friendly. Made from all wholesome ingredients while still tasting just as good, if not better than a traditional dessert – promise! I drizzled mine with a sweet maple glaze. That is obviously optional…but highly recommended.
Please comment below and let me know if you’ve had fresh apples before and if you try these!
You may also like these recipes:Print
Paleo Apple Pie Bars Recipe
These Paleo apple bars have a simple almond flour pie crust that you don’t have to roll out – just press in the pan, put in the simple filling and crumble with a little more crust. If you want, there is an optional maple coconut cream icing that just puts them over the top.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shift together the almond flour and arrowroot powder.
- Add 1/4 cup pure maple syrup and melted coconut oil to the flour mixture until a dough forms.
- Reserve approximately 1/4 cup of the dough and press the remaining amount into the bottom of a well greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Add the apples, 2 Tbsp maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla, and spices to a small bowl and stir until apples are well coated.
- Spread evenly on top of the pressed dough.
- Crumble the remaining 1/4 cup dough on top of the apples.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until apples are softened.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix together all ingredients and drizzle over baked bars.
Keywords: Simple, Easy