Paleo pumpkin muffins with almond flour recipe have a texture more consistent with a traditional muffin. You’ll love them! These Paleo pumpkin muffins with almond flour recipe are grain-free, dairy-free and fat-free. Pumpkin puree is used and makes oil unnecessary.
Three different Paleo flours are used to give these Paleo pumpkin muffins with almond flour recipe a texture more consistent with a traditional muffin. I used coconut palm sugar mixed with spices to give the muffins a cinnamon sugar sort of topping, though if you didn’t find this to be consistent with your Paleo definition, you could just use the spices. I think it really gives it a texture it needs as well as a little sweetness.
Here in Utah, it seems like Halloween is the beginning of winter. Before Halloween, we love being outside in the day. Not too hot. Not too cold. We go to corn mazes, hay rides, straw mazes, wagon rides, and all those fun Halloween activities. Then we start out trick-or-treating. We are usually the first ones to start in the neighborhood, around 6 pm, or even earlier.
My children barely eat any dinner, which isn’t exactly good for eating candy. When we start out, it’s nice and warm. Sometimes you don’t even need a jacket, but by the time we’re done, we’re all freezing. So not fair. Seems like, after that, we hardly go outside for a few months. I hate it. I really need to start going out in the winter more, but we get inversion really bad here, especially in January, and it’s not safe to go outside.
After a small dinner and a few pieces of candy, I hide the rest of the candy and we usually have a little treat. I tried these on the kids this year and they were a hit. They felt like they were getting dessert, but I felt like they were getting something healthy to fill them out and balance out the candy (which I probably shouldn’t let them eat). For my Type I Diabetic son, he just sells me his candy and I send it to work my husband to hand out to his co-workers. Win-Win.
This is a delicious fall snack or treat. It is great for the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas season. These muffins are so good you and friends won’t even notice that they are Paleo. I think it is time to make these muffins and a cup of Paleo hot cocoa and cuddle up on the couch. Hmm. Sounds fantastic!
You may also like these recipes:Print
Paleo pumpkin muffins with almond flour Recipe
These paleo pumpkin muffins are grain-free, dairy-free and fat-free. Pumpkin puree is used and makes oil unnecessary. Three different paleo flours are used to give these muffins a texture more consistent with a traditional muffin. I used coconut palm sugar mixed with spices to give the muffins a cinnamon sugar sort of topping, though if you didn’t find this to be consistent with your paleo definition, you could just use the spices. I think it really gives it a texture it needs as well as a little sweetness.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 1/2 Tbl Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Real Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbl Honey
FOR THE TOPPING:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 wells of a muffin tin (preferably non-stick).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, Coconut Flour, baking powder, baking soda , salt, and pumpkin pie spice .
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree , eggs, vanilla , and honey until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk in until mixture is smooth.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before baking so that the coconut flour can fully absorb the liquid.
- Divide the batter between the 8 greased muffin tins, using a scoop to distribute the batter so that the tops are rounded.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut palm sugar and pumpkin pie spice .
- Sprinkle the mixture over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake muffins in preheated oven for 18-21 minutes. Muffins are done when they are firm to the touch on top.
- Let sit for one minute on the counter and then run a knife around the edges of each muffin to loosen. They should loosen quite easily if you used a non-stick pan and greased it well.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
Keywords: almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, pumpkin, Coconut Palm Sugar, paleo muffins