This Paleo green smoothie recipe is chocked full of good healthy delicious fruits and vegetables and with no white sugar added. Green smoothies are an essential part of our home. It is a great way to get a lot of nutrition in a delicious way! They can be so versatile and have so many fun flavors. There are plenty of combinations to please everyone.
Today I wanted to share with you our tropical Paleo green smoothie recipe. One of the best parts of smoothies is how easy it is to make one. Tossing ingredients into a blender – now that is something I can handle doing. 🙂
Costco has a blend of baby greens that come in a bag that we really like for smoothies. The blend has baby spinach, baby kale, baby chard, etc. Make sure to pack the greens into the measuring cup when measuring. You could use coconut milk in a carton, but canned will give it the best flavor.
My secret ingredient in smoothies is an avocado. The smoothie does not taste avocado-y, but it keeps the smoothie from separating (it will eventually separate a little bit if stored in the fridge over several hours) and makes it so creamy and smooth. Plus you get a dose of healthy fats.
I also added a few drops of wild orange essential oil to really make this Paleo green smoothie flavorful and refreshing!
If you like this Paleo Green Smoothie, you may also like these recipes:Print
Tropical Green Smoothie Recipe
This is my favorite smoothie recipe. My children ask me to make it all the time.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Paleo
- 3 Cups Spinach (Kale, or a blend of small leafy greens, packed)
- 1 Banana (peeled)
- 1 Orange (peeled)
- 1 1/2 Cups Pineapple (cubed)
- 1/2 Avocado (pitted and skin removed)
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk (canned for best flavor)
- 1 Tbl Pure Maple Syrup (optional – use if fruit is not very sweet)
- 2 Cups Crushed Ice
- 3 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil (optional)
- Dried Coconut Chips (optional)
- Chia Seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients (besides the coconut chips and chia seeds) in a high speed blender and blend until very smooth and creamy, 1 1/2-2 minutes.
- Pour into 3-4 glasses and top with dried coconut chips and chia seeds, if desired.
- Will keep up to 2-3 days refrigerated. Stir briskly to re-combine if storing in the fridge.
Keywords: spinach, banana, orange, avocado, coconut milk, smoothie