In our family we make grass fed crock pot pork roast a lot but since my husband eats no sugar and I eat very little (mostly honey or maple syrup), bbq sauce – even a paleo bbq sauce – isn’t a good option for us. Then I remembered how I used to make an awesome chimichurri sauce recipe but got out of the habit of it and I don’t know why because it’s an awesome paleo sauce recipe. My front yard is full of an overgrown basil so I whipped up this sauce in a few minutes. It’s so pretty and SO GOOD! I’m not kidding. My 8 year-old daughter ate a ton of it (my other children wouldn’t even try it). My husband said this sauce is so good he would drink it! I think I would too. I prefer basil in it but the traditional way of making it is with parsley. So if you can’t get basil for a good price, just get a bunch of parsley for really cheap at the grocery store. Why do I like this sauce so much? It’s fresh, light and flavorful. It has a bright color and flavor and turns ordinary meat into something really delicious. I love the tang of the lemon juice with the zip of the garlic and the flavor of the fresh herbs. Try the sauce then let me know how you’ve used it and give us all some great ideas. It’s delicious on steak, Churrasco meat, fish and chicken and – Oh! I bet this would be amazing on eggs. . .
If you like this, please:
- Share it on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter
- Join my Paleo Recipes Facebook group
- Join my weekly Paleo Recipes Email Newsletter
- Follow my Pinterest Paleo Recipes board
- View my Paleo recipes index
- 1 Cup basil leaves finely packed, or parsley or your favorite herb
- 3 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- ½ Cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp the spice hunter, the zip
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until the basil pieces are small and even.
- Drizzle on your favorite meat, seafood, eggs - the possibilities are endless!