These Paleo spritz cookies are very fun! They look great and taste fantastic. They are Paleo and have very few ingredients inside. I have been wanting to put together a recipe that would work well for any Christmas or wintry themed party. Well, these are also Frozen themed! They are great for the next Frozen themed birthday party or just for fun! What little girl does not want these cookies to share with others?!
I made Frozen-inspired snowflake Spritz cookies that don’t need a cookie press. They are crisp, butter cookies that almost have a shortbread texture. They are made by squeezing the dough out of a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and twisting. They hold their shape really well. I used coconut palm sugar because it was the only sweetener that would allow me to achieve a crisp cookie. Honey or maple syrup just wouldn’t give the same result. I know that the sugar sprinkles are not Paleo, they are simply for decorating purposes!
If you would like to see the nutritional values click on the button below to see this recipes nutrition facts on my recipe magic. There is a tab at the top of the recipe and you go to the Nutrition tab to see the break down.
If you like this, please:
- Share it on Pinterest
- Join my Paleo Recipes Facebook group
- Join my weekly Paleo Recipes Email Newsletter
- Follow my Pinterest Paleo Recipes board
- View my Paleo recipes index
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or non-stick mats.
- Place the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, and coconut palm sugar in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until well blended.
- Add the egg, butter and extracts to the dry ingredients and process until a soft dough is formed.
- Scoop the dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip like THIS ONE.
- To make the snowflakes, hold the piping bag, tip down, about ¼" from the prepared baking sheet and squeeze the dough out, twisting slightly as you squeeze. When the snowflake is about 2" in diameter, stop squeezing and lift the bag from the sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 1½" apart. Sprinkle cookies with sugar sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-15 minutes, or until golden brown on the ridges.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute, then remove and place on a wire rack.
Check out this recipe on Instagram:
Did you make this recipe? Take a photo and post on Instagram using hashtag @mynaturalfamily and I will follow you!
This Paleo spritz cookie recipe is up on my blog. To find the recipe, go to mynaturalfamily.com and search for spritz. #recipe #recipeoftheday #cookie #pumpkin #food #cooking #delish #instagood #instafood #yum #paleo #cleaneating #glutenfree #paleoapproved #cavemandiet #paleodiet #wholefood #primal #paleoporn #lovecooking #healthy #healthyrecipes #cleanfood #cleaneats #healthyeating