These Paleo pumpkin cookies are not too sweet, full of pumpkin spice flavor, and have that cake-y texture that you would expect from a pumpkin cookie. Not to brag, but these are really good. My mother in law brought me some regular pumpkin chocolate chip cookies the day I was working on these and I didn’t even want to eat them because I liked these Paleo ones better. There is only 1 T. of oil in the whole batch and only 2 T. of honey. I used a little apple sauce to help sweeten it too.
As with most Paleo baked goods, these are the very best on the same day they are baked. I’ve noticed that Paleo baked goods dry out faster than their non-Paleo counterparts.
If you like this, please:
- Share it on Pinterest, Instagram
- Join my Paleo Recipes Facebook group
- Join my weekly Paleo Recipes Email Newsletter
- Follow my Pinterest Paleo Recipes board
- View my Paleo recipes index
- 1 C. Almond Flour
- ⅓ C. Tapioca Flour
- 1 ½ t. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ t. Real Salt
- ½ t. Baking Soda
- ½ t. Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C. Pumpkin Puree (canned is fine)
- 2 T. Apple Sauce
- 2 T. Honey
- 1 T. Vegetable or Coconut Oil
- ½ t. Vanilla
- ⅔ - ¾ C. Paleo Chocolate Chips (more or less depending on your preference)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a non-stick mat or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, apple sauce, honey, oil, and vanilla until smooth and well combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix in until well dispersed.
- Scoop about 2 T. rounds of dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Best eaten same day made.
Check out this recipe on Instagram:
Did you make this recipe? Take a photo and post on Instagram using hashtag @mynaturalfamily and I will follow you!
Paleo pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. To find the recipe, go to mynaturalfamily.com and search for pumpkin. #recipe #recipeoftheday #cookie #pumpkin #food #cooking #delish #instagood #instafood #yum #paleo #cleaneating #glutenfree #paleoapproved #cavemandiet #paleodiet #wholefood #primal #paleoporn #lovecooking #healthy #healthyrecipes #cleanfood #cleaneats #healthyeating