Who says that we can’t enjoy delicious traditional holiday treats? When eating Paleo for the holidays it can be a little tricky but don’t worry we have a Paleo Pumpkin Pie Recipe for you that everyone will enjoy whether or not they live the Paleo lifestyle. They won’t even notice the difference and you can still enjoy this classic pie! So get ready to impress everyone this holiday!
The crust for this Paleo pumpkin pie is super easy to make and involves only a few ingredients. The pumpkin custard is firm and full of autumn spice! The topping is made of a slightly honey sweetened coconut cream that goes so nicely with the almond crust.
If you like this, please:
- Share it on Pinterest
- Join my Paleo Recipes Facebook group
- Join my weekly Paleo Recipes Email Newsletter
- Follow my Pinterest Paleo Recipes board
- View my Paleo recipes index
The crust for this paleo pumpkin pie is super easy to make and involves only a few ingredients. The pumpkin custard is firm and full of autumn spice! The topping is made of a slightly honey sweetened coconut cream that goes so nicely with the almond crust.
30 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 C. Almond Flour
- 1/4 t. Real Salt
- 2 T. Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1, 15 oz. Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/3 C. Honey
- 1 T. Coconut oil, melted
- 2 t. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/3 C. Canned Coconut Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cans Coconut Milk, chilled, Firm cream on top only
- 1 T. Honey
- FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the almond flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process for about 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil and egg to the processor and process until the mixture comes together in large crumbles.
- Place the dough in a 9” pie dish and pat the dough firmly and evenly around the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Cover the pan with a sheet of tin foil and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool .
- Add the pumpkin puree, honey, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, coconut milk, and eggs to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until smooth. Pour into the pre-baked pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes, or until the top is slightly puffed and firmly set.
- Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate.
- Place the firm coconut cream(this is the firm, white, creamy, thick coconut cream that rises to the top of a can of coconut milk. Do not shake it before opening. It may help to chill the cans before opening as well as some coconut milks don’t separate as well as others)in a mixing bowl along with the honey. Beat together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon or pipe on top of the chilled pie.
Check out this recipe on Instagram:
Did you make this recipe? Take a photo and post on Instagram using hashtag @mynaturalfamily and if we like it, we'll add your Instagram post at the bottom of this page!
To find the recipe, go to mynaturalfamily.com and search for pumpkin pie. #recipe #recipeoftheday #pie #pumpkin #food #cooking #delish #instafood #yum #paleo #cleaneating #glutenfree #paleoapproved #cavemandiet #paleodiet #wholefood #primal #paleoporn #lovecooking #healthy #healthyrecipes #cleanfood #cleaneats #healthyeating