This is the best healthy sheet pan chicken fajitas recipe. This is so easy to make and my oldest daughter actually told me she thought dinner was good the first time I made it. It’s kind of sad it’s mentionable that my daughter told me dinner was good, but she usually just eats dinner and leaves, so the fact that she actually said something means a lot.
I’m going to tell you right here and now that these are not the most authentic fajitas ever, but what they are is a good, easy and healthy Clean Eating chicken fajita recipe! I don’t like all the work and mess of fajitas. I need something I can prep then help children with homework and not have to worry about the food during homework time. These fit the bill.
Tips and tricks
- I make my own tortillas from scratch, so they are cheap, healthy and good. If you want to do that, I like this recipe – Clean Eating tortillas.
- Make the tortillas ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about it during the rush of dinner. Or, you could make them while the fajitas are cooking if you would rather.
- I use chicken because I haven’t figured out the right kind of steak and since I don’t eat red meat from regular grocery stores, I can’t afford to feed steak to the whole family.
- Using store-bought tortillas is just fine too. Our family loves the uncooked ones from Costco. Just takes a few minutes to cook them and they are almost as good as mine (wink).
- If you don’t have essential oils, sub the same spices instead.
- Cilantro and oregano essential oils are so strong that I recommend simply dipping a toothpick in the bottle and swirling it around in the olive oil to infuse it with flavor…even 1 drop can be too much and this way you can control the strength a bit easier.
- Don’t use any essential oils that aren’t food-grade essential oils. You could get very sick if you ingest essential oils that aren’t good quality or have synthetic ingredients mixed in. That’s why I only use doTERRA essential oils.
- I also love to make these with the mini sweet pepper trios that come in bags at Costco or the grocery store.
- You don’t HAVE to marinate the chicken. It tastes better, but even if you just have 15 minutes for them to marinade, it’s a whole lot better than nothing. By the way, the marinade on these makes them easy to prep the chicken the night before and cut the veggies, then all you need to do the next day is throw everything in the oven. Easy peasy. Of course, that takes a bit of planning ahead, so I often forget to do that myself.
- Don’t be afraid to put a lot of paprika and cumin in the marinade. I put a lot on and my children used to be wary of the chicken because it was all red but then they tasted it and you can only taste the flavor and not heat so they love fajitas and ask for them a lot. If you do want some heat, I would definitely recommend adding a little red pepper.
Something else I do that’s unconventional is I hate messing with filling tortillas, having it drip all over my hands (especially with interruptions from children, etc.) so I just mix all the ingredients together on the plate except the tortilla then break the tortilla over the top so it doesn’t get soggy. It may look gross but I think it tastes the best this way and it’s faster and easier. I dare you to try. . .
You may also like these recipes:Print
Best healthy sheet pan chicken fajitas Recipe
These Clean Eating sheet pan chicken fajitas are so easy to make. I just throw everything in the oven and let it bake while I do homework with my children.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Clean Eating
- 2 pounds Chicken Breasts (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 slices large Onion (cut into large)
- 2 Bell Peppers (sliced, any color)
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1 lime
- Clean Eating Tortillas
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil and fajita seasoning.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet.
- Place the marinated chicken on the baking sheet, as well as the onion and bell pepper.
- Toss together and spread evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Squeeze the juice from half the lime over top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve on tortillas and top with with lime (if desired), sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and avocado.
Keywords: chicken, bell peppers, onions, Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
9 of the Best Healthy Sheet Pan Meals
These are 9 of the Best healthy sheet pan meals. They are some of the easiest meals to make and some of the best tasting too. What are sheet pan meals? Usually, they are cut up meat and vegetables that you roast on a cookie sheet in the oven. I like to make sheet pan dishes because I just cut up the meat and vegetables and put them on the pan with some seasoning and olive oil or something similar and then just wait for them to bake.
I can get the meals put together in a few minutes, then while it is baking I can go do something else that needs to be done. It usually takes about half an hour for most things to bake, which is about how long it takes to make the most easy meals.
You’ll love sheet pan meals that are on Pinterest all together right here. No time consuming sorting for you. I’ve done all of the sorting for you. Enjoy!
1. Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas – See Above
2. Sheet Pan Steak And Veggies – Damn Delicious
Red Potatoes – Broccoli – Olive Oil – Sirloin Steak
This is an easy quick way to have a well balanced yet delicious meal. Who doesn’t love potatoes, steak and broccoli and when it’s roasted in the oven all together it’s even more delicious. Make sure you use the kosher salt . I use it all the time and I really think it’s the secret to making a good meal great. The best part is that it’s healthy too, yes this salt is healthy.
3. Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon – Cafe Delites
Lime – Honey – Salmon – Red, Green & Yellow Bell Peppers – Onion
This salmon with peppers can be ready in about 10 minutes depending on how well done you want it. It is so fast and easy and the flavors of the salmon with the lime juice, cumin, and garlic with red chili flakes make it incredible. You can’t get much easier than a coating, baking and eating. That’s really all there is to it.
4. Sheet Pan Balsamic Basil Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl – The Whole Cook
Cauliflower – Broccoli – Red Onion – Chicken Breasts – Balsamic Vinegar Fresh Basil
I love cauliflower rice. Just in case you don’t know what that is. It’s basically cauliflower cooked and chopped up fine enough that it actually looks like rice. Rice is healthy but sometimes it’s nice to have a really low carb meal and this rice bowl will surely accomplish that.
5. Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus – The Girl on Bloor
Olive Oil – Lemon Juice – Garlic – Parsley – RosemaryBaby Potatoes – Chicken – Asparagus
Asparagus is wonderful but sometimes I just don’t know how to cook it. Well, this sheet pan definitely solves that problem. If you’ve never had potatoes roasted in olive oil you’re definitely missing out. It’s one of my favorite meals. I love them so much that I make homemade french fries roasted in the oven with Kosher Salt at least 2 nights a week. Go ahead and try this recipe, you won’t be sorry.
6. Sheet Pan Chicken with Rainbow Vegetables – Well Plated
Sweet Potato Chicken – Broccoli – Red Bell Pepper – Zucchini – Yellow Squash – Lemon – Italian Seasoning – Garlic Powder – Onion Powder – Parmesan Cheese
Oh, this meal sounds really delicious to me. I absolutely love red bell peppers with yellow squash and zucchini roasted. But you add the sweet potatoes and chicken you can’t go wrong. There’s not much that’s easier than a meal baked on one pan in the oven. Just keep an eye on it, you don’t want your whole meal going up in smoke.
7. Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken Dinner – Meatloaf and Melodrama
Chicken Breasts – Olive Oil – Potatoes – Broccoli – Onions – Honey – Dijon Mustard – Parmesan
This honey mustard chicken with potatoes and broccoli takes about 30 minutes to make. For this honey mustard chicken, all you do is cut up the chicken so they are thinner and cook faster. Place them on the baking sheet, add spices, and brush on a mixture of mustard and honey over the meat.
8. Roasted Curry Shrimp & Zucchini Sheet Pan Meal – Jessica Gavin
Zucchini – Baby Tomatoes – Olive Oil – Kosher Sea Salt – Black Pepper – Lemon – Shrimp – Paprika – Cumin – Chipotle Pepper – Red Chili Flakes – Garlic – Cilantro
Here we go again but this time its shrimp and zucchini with tomatoes and some hottish spices. It too can be ready in 30 minutes. I love how the veggies are so nice and fresh which always makes everything better.
9. Garlic Herb Chicken & Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Meal Prep – Cafe Delites
Sweet Potato – Olive Oil – Garlic – Oregano – Basil – Parsley – Chicken – Broccoli – Red Pepper – Red Onion
Here’s another great combination of veggies with sweet potatoes and chicken for you. Don’t forget the red onion it’s going to add a new dimension to this meal. I adore red onions. They make any meal colorful and delicious too.