This creamy and delicious mixed vegetable curry with coconut milk recipe is super simple to make and packed full of vegetables, so it makes a healthy, easy, and hearty dinner any time of the year!
It’s Monday! And I am 98% positive that I am completely unprepared for the upcoming week. I almost forgot about my little girl’s field trip this morning (she would have been devastated), I didn’t get nearly enough done off my to-do list over the weekend (you should see the piles of laundry I need to do), I didn’t get my chicken cooked for the week (I like to cook a big batch of chicken on Sunday for my weekday lunches), and I am mentally unprepared for the upcoming week. I wish I could pause life for a day or two so I could get caught up – does anyone else feel my pain?
Thankfully, I have a perfect dinner recipe for an overwhelming Monday (or any day of the week). This easy mixed vegetable curry with coconut milk recipe is a super simple dinner that is packed full of vegetables – my favorite types of dinners. Plus it versatile, I have eaten it as is or I have added grilled chicken and/or brown rice to it to make it a little bit hardier. Either way, it is delicious – and did I mention simple? Like 30-minute dinner simple.
I would love to know if you try this mixed vegetable curry with coconut milk recipe and what you think of it. Please comment below!
You may also like these recipes:Print
Mixed Vegetable Curry with Coconut Milk Recipe
This creamy and delicious mixed vegetable curry with coconut milk is super simple to make and packed full of vegetables, so it makes a healthy, easy, and hearty dinner any time of the year!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegan, Paleo
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 inch grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- Juice of 2 limes
- 8 cups chopped vegetables of choice (I used carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, and snap peas)
- Melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a large sauce pan
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and saute until onions are translucent (2-5 minutes)
- Add in the curry powder and cinnamon and stir until fragrant (~1 minute)
- Add the remaining ingredients (except vegetables), allow to come to a boil, and then simmer for 20-30 minutes
- Add the vegetables to the sauce the last 10 minutes of cooking
- Serve as is or over rice or noodles
Chicken can also be added to the curry for some additional protein
Keywords: Paleo curry, curry, coconut milk, clean eating, Vegan, vegetables