This creamy and delicious mixed vegetable curry with coconut milk recipe is super simple to make and packed full of vegetables, so it makes a healthy, easy, and hearty dinner any time of the year!
It’s Monday! And I am 98% positive that I am completely unprepared for the upcoming week. I almost forgot about my little girl’s field trip this morning (she would have been devastated), I didn’t get nearly enough done off my to-do list over the weekend (you should see the piles of laundry I need to do), I didn’t get my chicken cooked for the week (I like to cook a big batch of chicken on Sunday for my weekday lunches), and I am mentally unprepared for the upcoming week. I wish I could pause life for a day or two so I could get caught up – does anyone else feel my pain?
Thankfully, I have a perfect dinner recipe for an overwhelming Monday (or any day of the week). This easy recipe is a super simple dinner that is packed full of vegetables – my favorite types of dinners. Plus, it is versatile – I have eaten it as is or I have added grilled chicken and/or brown rice to it to make it a little bit hardier. Either way, it is delicious – and did I mention simple? Like 30-minute dinner simple.
- I often use frozen vegetables to speed things up.
- If I put chicken in this, it is usually chicken I pre-cooked the Sunday before and either froze or put in the fridge to pull out and make meals like this super easy.
- If you haven’t tried short-grain brown rice before, you really should give it a try. Just buy a cup or so in the bulk section so if you don’t like it you don’t have a whole bag of it and go for it! I love the chewy texture of it and can definitely tell my body absorbs the complex carbs in it better than those from white rice.
- If you are doing Paleo or Whole30, you really don’t need to serve this over anything but it is good over cauliflower rice. I don’t usually bother though since I put so much cauliflower in mine already. When I eat this on a Whole30 I usually have this as a side or add chicken to it. Ground chicken works well too.
- Some other good veggies to add to this are summer squash, zucchini or grape tomatoes.
- I don’t usually have fresh ginger on hand so I just put a few drops of ginger essential oil in instead. So much easier.
I would love to know if you try this recipe and what you think of it. Please comment below if you make any changes and what you think of it!
You may also like these recipes:
P.S. I'm in love with Etsy lately! Check out my favorite kitchen items to help me cook, clean and organize my kitchen!Print
Mixed Vegetable Curry with Coconut Milk Recipe
This creamy vegetable curry is super simple to make and packed full of vegetables, so it makes a healthy, easy, and hearty dinner any time of the year!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegan, Paleo
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 inch grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- Juice of 2 limes
- 8 cups chopped vegetables of choice (I used carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, and snap peas)
- Melt the avocado oil in a large sauce pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and saute until onions are translucent (2-5 minutes).
- Add in the curry powder and cinnamon and stir until fragrant (~1 minute).
- Add the remaining ingredients (except vegetables), allow to come to a boil, and then simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the sauce the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Serve as is or over rice or noodles.
Chicken may also be added to the curry for some additional protein
Keywords: creamy, simple, easy, healthy