This Paleo chocolate pie has only 5 ingredients total – that includes both the crust and the chocolate truffle filling. The crust only has coconut, coconut sugar and butter while the filling is only chocolate and coconut milk. It’s crazy how easy it is to make and that it actually works and comes together to create a rich, yet light chocolate pie.
It’s HOT! At least here in Utah, it is. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining – I love summer…but the heat does make me reluctant to turn on my oven (one of the few downsides of summer).
Over the past few days, in an attempt to avoid baking, I have been experimenting with no-bake desserts. After some failed attempts (I am looking at you Key Lime Pie – I will get that one someday) I finally created the perfect Paleo summer dessert…except, it does require turning on the oven – so close. It’s alright though, because this pie is so worth it, even in the dead heat of summer… I promise, and the oven is only on for 15 minutes.
Not taking too long to cook is a bonus in the summer too, because it seems like I’m always running short on time in the summer. It seems like we’re always running behind schedule and getting home late and tired from having fun all day and worn out from all the fun in the sun. A light dessert like this pie is perfect.
This pie recipe only calls for five ingredients that combine together to create a rich, silky, smooth, and insanely delicious treat. It’s also made with wholesome ingredients, because that is how we do things around here, and makes for a decadent healthy indulgence. It’s nut-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and comes with Vegan options. I highly recommend taking it to your next social gathering and then enjoy listening to everyone sing your praise.
Here are some tips and tricks to make this pie:
- I personally prefer butter in the crust, because of the butter flavor, but coconut oil works just fine if you don’t do butter on your version of Paleo, or if you eat Vegan.
- If you haven’t tried Enjoy Life chocolate chips , give them a try. They taste just like the real thing but are much healthier.
- If you are concerned about the crust burning, you may want to use a pie shield or aluminum foil around the edges of the crust. Remove the last 5 minutes of baking.
- It can be hard to get the crust out of the pan, so you may want to line your pan with parchment paper. When it’s time to serve, cut the pie, then lift the paper out of the pan.
Do you bake less in the summer because of the heat?
You may also like these recipes:
P.S. I'm in love with Etsy lately! Check out my favorite kitchen items to help me cook, clean and organize my kitchen!Print
5-Ingredient Paleo Chocolate Pie Recipe with Coconut Crust
This coconut milk chocolate pie only has 5 ingredients with a simple coconut crust. It’s a rich, silky, smooth, and insanely delicious treat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Paleo
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut, coconut sugar, and butter (or coconut oil) together.
- Press firmly into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Let crust cool completely before adding your filling.
For the Filling
- Place the dark chocolate in a large bowl
- Heat coconut milk on the stove top until just boiling.
- Pour over dark chocolate chips and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Try not to stir it during this time.
- Stir until coconut milk and chocolate are completely combined.
- Add to the baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate minimum of 2 hours or until pie has set.
For Vegan options: use coconut oil for the crust and Vegan chocolate chips in the filling
Keywords: simple, rich, silky, smooth