This Paleo chicken curry recipe is simple, delicious and dairy-free, gluten-free and Clean! I’ve made it tons of times for a quick weeknight meal. I’m totally in love with this recipe I made up for a simple chicken curry. I love it because I can make it fast, it’s FULL of flavor and it’s even Paleo. The sauce is so good you don’t even miss the carbs! Plus, it has a lot of healthy vegetables and no sugar and the spices totally make it.
*Please note that most of the links on this page are affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase, you will receive the same price, but I will receive a little money for referring you to the product. This helps keep this blog free for you. I truly appreciate you supporting my blog.
This a quick, flavorful recipe for Paleo chicken curry, made with zucchini, yellow grape tomatoes, and onion. This Indian-inspired dish makes a great meal when combined with basmati rice, cauliflower “rice”, brown rice, quinoa or even nothing, depending on your diet.
This recipe really needs to be cooked in a skillet/frying pan. I’ve tried it in the oven and the crockpot and it’s just not the same. You don’t get the caramelization you get from the skillet – just make sure you have enough oil so it will caramelize. When you use this method, you get a lot of flavors and can eat it like a soup if you want.
My children all love this dish and it’s their second favorite Indian dish that I make, but the Chicken Coconut Korma dish I make is their all-time favorite Indian dish. I make both this curry and the korma pretty spicy and they like it that way. My 4-year-old girl say things like, “It’s spicy, mom, but I like it anyway.” as she tries to find something to cut down the spice. Are my children unusual that they LOVE Indian food?
Do you like your Indian food spicy or mild? What do you like to eat with your Paleo chicken curry? Oh, I forgot to mention that this is also fantastic with my clean eating naan bread recipe here.
If you like this Paleo Chicken Curry, you may also like these recipes:
This only a few ingredients a few simple steps. It’s a delicious, quick weeknight dinner.
- 2 Tbl Coconut Oil (or oil of your choice)
- 8 Chicken Thighs (boneless skinless, cut into 1″ pieces)
- 1 Large Onion (cut into large chunks)
- 3 Small Zucchini (Cut half lengthwise and thickly sliced)
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbl Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Real Salt
- 2 cans Coconut Milk (about 15 oz each)
- 1 cup tomatoes
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a stock pot to high heat. Add the chicken and cook until chicken pieces are browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside, keeping the remaining oil in the stock pot.
- Add the onion and zucchini and saute until lightly browned. Add the garlic, curry powder, paprika, and salt and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken back into the pot, along with the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Add the tomatoes to the pot in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve in a bowl with the coconut broth, like a soup. Top with cilantro.